Verdie E. Bowman1,2,3
F, b. 16 June 1906, d. 30 August 2005
Verdie E. Bowman
married H. Gus Muntzing
Verdie E. Bowman was born on 16 June 1906 in Baker, West Virginia
She was the daughter of James H. Bowman
and Minerva Moyer
Verdie E. Bowman married Harry Wilson Teets
, son of James Teets
and Mary M. Speran
, circa 1927.1
Verdie E. Bowman died on 30 August 2005 in Lost City, Hardy, West Virginia
, at age 99.3,4
She was buried after 30 August 2005 in Lost City, Hardy, West Virginia
She was a court reporter for the circuit courts of Hardy, Hampshire, and Pendleton Counties of West Virginia.3
- [S175] Census: 1930 Hardy, West Virginia, p. 16A.
- [S547] Cemetery Records: Hardy County, West Virginia, by James Bradley Heishman, 1980, Teets, Verdie L. (w/o H. Wilson Teets), 6/16/1906.
- [S875] Obit: Virdie E. Muntzing Teets, Winchester STAR, Winchester, VA: Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Verdie E. Muntzing
Verdie Eunice Teets Muntzing, 99, of Lost City, W.Va., died Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005, at her home.
Mrs. Muntzing was born June 16, 1906, in Baker, W.Va., the daughter of James H. and Manerva Moyer Bowman. She was a court reporter for the circuit courts of Hardy, Hampshire and Pendleton counties, W.Va.
She was a graduate of Hagerstown Business College and a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution and Baker C.E.O’s.
Her first husband, H. Wilson Teets, died Dec. 19, 1980. Her second husband, H. Gus Muntzing, died July 16, 1991.
Surviving are two stepsons, William Muntzing of Kississimee, Fla., and Manning Muntzing of Potomac, Md.; a brother, Barnes Bowman of Baker; three grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
A son, J. Winston Teets, three brothers, a sister, and a granddaughter are deceased.
A funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at McKee Funeral Home, Baker, with Pastor Debbie Shreve officiating. Burial will be in Greenwood Cemetery, Lost River, W.Va.
The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
- [S27] Ancestry.com: Social Security Death Index, Name: Verdie T. Teets
Last Residence: 26810 Lost City, Hardy, West Virginia
Born: 16 Jun 1906
Last Benefit: 26801 Baker, Hardy, West Virginia
Died: 30 Aug 2005
State (Year) SSN issued: Maryland (Before 1951).
- [S175] Census: 1930 Hardy, West Virginia, Lost River, District 3, April 25, 1930, HH#297-299
Teets, James, 62, age at first marriage unspecified, WV WV WV
wife Mary M., 44, age at first marriage 16, WV WV WV
son Wilson, 24, age at first marriage 21, WV WV WV
daughter-in-law Virdie E., 22, age at first marriage 19, WV WV WV
boarder, Dillinger, William A., 64, widowed, VA VA VA.
Samuel "Sam" Gaskill1,2
M, b. 1915, d. 1993
- [S224] Ancestry.com: Dobbs, Augier, Phyllis Gaskill, 7/25/2001, http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi
- [S600] Carol A. Skaggs, email to John Teets, Merry Christmas - EARLY (ha), November 23, 2005. Attachment, Descendants of Johannes Teets FOR JOHN.doc.
F, b. 1830
- [S444] Census: 1850 Lewis, Virginia, District 30, Page 114, August 15, 1850, HH#761-769
Cutright, Enoch, 42, farmer, VA
Catherine, 41, VA
Louisa, 20, VA
Lorenzo, 17, VA
Asby 16, VA
Chapman, 14, VA
Julia A., 11, VA
Seymour, 8, VA
Arrilla, 5, VA.
- [S236] RootsWeb: higgins family file, Betty Holdsworth, 3/3/2002,http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi