Mary Amanda "Mamie" Raynes1
F, b. 30 June 1875, d. 14 January 1954
Mary Amanda "Mamie" Raynes was born on 30 June 1875 in West Virginia.2,3,4 She was the daughter of William Lewis Raynes and Mary Ann Harmison. Mary Amanda "Mamie" Raynes married Floyd Jackson on 19 April 1902.4 Mary Amanda "Mamie" Raynes died on 14 January 1954 in Kanawha, West Virginia, at age 78.5,4
|Last Edited||26 Apr 2012|
|Father*||William Lewis Raynes b. 23 Jul 1834, d. 7 Jul 1895|
|Mother*||Mary Ann Harmison b. 20 Nov 1835, d. 14 Dec 1922|
- [S868] e-mail address, post by KarenRaynesBeggs on 11/25/2006:
Parker McFarland Raynes, b. 5 Aug 1856 WV. d. March 21 1940.
m. on 13 July 1882 Susan J. Allman b. 1859 d. 1930
My parents went to their gravesite.
This is on the tombstone - both were buried in the Buffalo WVa.
Parker's father, William Lewis Raynes, b. 23 July 834 d. 9 Jul 1895
Putnam Co. W.Va. m. 7 July 1855 Mary Ann Harmison b. 20 Nov. 1835
d. 14 Dec 1922 (orphaned as a child) Mary was raised by John and
Isabel (Harmison) Harmison. (cousins)
They resided in Putnam Co., WV, near Buffalo. They are buried on
family land at Bethel Church cemetary, near 18 Mile Creek Road,
They had 8 children.
To take this back a step, William Lewis' father was Nathaniel L.
Raynes, b. 10 May, 1806 in Vienna, Kennebec County, Maine.
d. 1841 Belmont Co. Ohio. --- m. 15 April 1828 Belmont Co. Ohio to
Hester Workman, b. 19 April 1804. d. 17 April. 1887, dau of Stephen
(Benj) & Priscilla (Doss)Workman
Back further, Nathaniel' father was John, John's father was Nathianel,
whose father was Nathan, whose father was Nathan, whose father was
Nathianel, whose father was Francis m. to Elinor Moor.
- [S489] Census: 1880 Putnam, West Virginia, All Townships, District 109, June 18-19, 1880, HH#167-168
Raynes, William L., 45, farmer, WV OH OH
wife Mary Ann, 44, keeping house, WV VA VA
son Parker M., 23, WV WV WV
son Nathaniel, 20, WV WV WV
son Alexander C., 17, WV WV WV
son Julius M., 15, WV WV WV
daughter Elizabeth Ann, 13, WV WV WV
son Lewis V., 10, WV WV WV
daughter Mary A., 4, WV WV WV.
- [S488] Census: 1900 Putnam, West Virginia, Buffalo, District 74, June 6, 1900, HH#66-67
Raynes, Mary, Nov 1835, 64, widowed, 8 children, 6 living, WV WV WV
daughter Mamie, Jun 1875, 24, single, WV WV WV.
- [S1397] Book: "The Main Line Raynes", co-authored by William C. Raynes and Josephine Gould, 11 generations 1625-1975, 2nd Edition, published July 1997. Donated by Karen Raynes Beggs to John Teets, July 2008., 9-67 Mary Amanda Raynes, b. 30 Jun 1875, d. 14 Jan 1954, m. 19 Apr 1902 Floyd Jackson. School teacher. They built home 1917 in St. Albans, WV where Isabel still lives. Children:
Isabel Jackson, m. Baxter
Harry F. Jackson.
- [S1217] Familysearch Labs, Name: Mary A. Jackson
Death date: 14 Jan 1954
Death place: Kanawha, West Virginia
Age at death:
Father name: Lewis Raynes
Father birth place:
Mother name: Mary Ann Harmison
Mother birth place:
Film number: 1984368
Digital GS number: 4258148
Image number: 459
Reference number: 450
Collection: West Virginia Deaths 1853-1970.